A Community Life For All: Q&A (Episode 9)
During the DPSS team’s training week in March 2021, we received a lot of questions at the end of each session. While we were able to answer some of the questions, we couldn’t get to them all. In this episode, Sophie-Anne and Bethany answer some of the questions that were asked during the session “Inclusion: A Community Life For All”, which you can hear or watch by checking out Episode 8 of the DPSS Podcast.
Some of the questions they address are:
- What can be done about existing inaccessible homes on territory?
- If the costs are similar, why aren’t buildings built in an inaccessible fashion?
- How can we include an Autistic adult in a community that is not built with them in mind?
- How can we get recommendations for adaptations?
- What can be done to help adults and elders get out of their comfort zone and be more willing to participate in community events?